Monday, June 13, 2011

Bittersweet Friday

Last Friday was my Uncle Tony's viewing. It was held in Milpitas-Fremont which is about a 6.5 hour drive from our house. It's been a long while (about 10 years?) since I last saw my cousins. And it was really nice spending time with them considering the circumstances. It was creepy and funny snapping pix next to my "resting" uncle but we had a great time. It was also the first time they met my girl and soon they were calling her Junior. I honestly don't see it but hey, I won't argue.

I wish we could stay longer but unfortunately, we had to drive back that very same day because Peter had to work the next morning. Mucho mucho thanks to my wonderful hubby. I did offer to drive but he did it all the way and let us snooze. Please don't do what we did; I DON'T recommend it. To me, it felt worse than jet lag. On a happier note, one of my cousins is getting married next year. It'll be like a reunion for us and we're all looking forward to it. Plus, they're only 2 hours away :)

No comments:

Post a Comment