Modista is a Filipino word for seamstress. My mother has been sewing for as long as I can remember and it never ceases to amaze me how she can just take measurements, create patterns from scratch, and complete an outfit just like that. Back then, she used an old Singer where you need to pedal (you all know what I'm talking about) to make the machine run. I remember helping her from time to time when I was much younger but then life took over. And with "life" I meant school-work-marriage-pregnancy and everything else that goes with it.
- I watch Bones but I don't read the Brennan series.
- I like reading books that make me try to figure things out. I don't read romance novels.
- I love warm, fresh bread. I can eat this all day.
- I learned MS Access and actually like to use it.
- I always play Scrabble or something similar.
- I sleep with my phone under my pillow.
- I collect international postage stamps. So far I have stamps from Argentina, Canada, China, El Salvador, Ghana, Italy, Kenya, Malaysia, Spain, Thailand, and a few more I can't remember.
- I tend to proofread without meaning to. I find myself doing it while reading newspapers, magazines, posters, menus... you name it.
- I'm 1/8th Chinese, born under the sign of the Ox.
- I prefer Rocky Road over Vanilla.